Monday, June 28, 2010

Behind the scenes

In our Intro to Photography workshop, we talked about using storytelling in our photographs to capture special moments in our children's lives.  I realized that I take a lot of photographs that tell the story of my children, but I don't really document the things that happen behind the scenes, yet are a large part of my life as a mama.

Here's something I spend a fair amount of time doing:  making baby food.  Although I will be preparing food for my children for at least the next 18 years, I won't be making baby food for much longer.  This is yesterday's batch (it was a veggie and grains day):  carrots, zucchini, parsnips, sweet potatoes, beets, butternut squash, and quinoa.  (Tomorrow will be fruits and meat, but I won't take photographs of that because I will be happy to never be reminded of what it's like to puree meat.)

1 comments:

Ai Matsuoka June 30, 2010 at 10:32 PM  

Wow, I should have a 2nd baby around the same time with you then I can buy the baby food from you. I love the pictures especially the right one. ;)